I am a hands-on digitalisation expert in Munich. I help companies deliver reliable, personalised and profitable digital experiences to their customers.
- Plan.Net Journey
- At Plan.Net Journey I work as a Senior Solutions Consultant at the intersection of business intelligence and marketing automation to enable companies to create personalised, data driven and seamless customer journeys. For this I focus on using TMS, DMP, CDP and MAP technologies to their best potential. I consult on all project phases from analysing business requirements to implementing technical solutions. Furthermore I establish operation processes to ensure that tools are used and kept tidy after their rollout. Apr 2021 - Present
- Commanders Act
- Commanders Act is a European mar-tech company that offers TMS (Tag Management System), CDP (Customer Data Platform) and CMP (Consent Management Platform) products that enable businesses to collect, optimise and activate customer data. At Commanders Act I worked as a Senior Technology Consultant to enabled customers to set up and use Commanders Act products efficiently. In May 2020 I furthermore started to support the product department as a SCRUM Product Owner for the TMS (TagCommander), CMP (TrustCommander) and CDP products. Jan 2018 - Mar 2021
- POSSIBLE (now Wunderman Thompson) is a full-service agency for digital transformation. At POSSIBLE I did technical project management and technology consulting for agile digitalisation projects across a wide range of industries. I worked on all project phases from analysing business requirements, to developing POCs (HTML, CSS, JS, Node, Swift and Golang) to implementing technical solutions. POSSIBLE provided me with opportunities to manage international SCRUM teams (up to 10 employees) and external partners. My original employment was at Conrad Caine GmbH. Conrad Caine GmbH was acquired by POSSIBLE in Jan 2016. May 2014 - Dec 2017
- I am an expert at engineering digital solutions. I analyse user requirements, sketch out technical architectures, develops websites and prototypes from scratch, and writes glue code between existing tech solutions.
- Digitalisation does not work without proper project planning and execution. As an Industrial Engineer and certified SCRUM Project Manager—I knows how to translate technology into business and business into technology. Digitalisation does not work without proper communication.
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing combines the best of technology, communication, business, and creativity. Moreover it drives the current digital transformation process of companies. Digital Marketing is a perfect fit for my multidisciplinary skillset that I picked up along my work in digital agencies, media production and mar-tech companies.
- HTML, CSS and JS
- Node and Deno
- Every programmer has his go to general purpose programming language to automate everyday tasks. I chose Node, a very obvious addition to my skillset as it relies on the same programming language that is used for the web. I also use Node for writing servers and APIs, and use it for data science and visualisation tasks. Deno is an evolution of Node by its own creator Ryan Dahl. It tries to solve some design issues of Node while providing optimised DX. Therefore I started to migrate to Deno.
- Based on multiple years of working experience in international companies and I am fluent in business level English for tech and marketing related topics.
- German is my mother tongue.
My spare time activity drastically changed throughout 2020. Most important I became a dad 👨👩👧, and then there also was this thing called COVID 🦠…
Currently I like going on very slow walks (that is how it is with small kids) 🌲 or cycling through forests around Munich 🚲. I enjoy practicing the low Irish Tin Whistle 🎶 taking online classes and listening to audiobooks 🎧. As restaurants changed I started eating out in beer-gardens and grabbing take away food 🥙 to eat it in one of Munich’s nice parks 🏞.
I enjoy playing Dungeons & Dragons 🐉 both as a player (a Halfling Warlock Calligrapher called Nim Inkwell 🧙🏻) and dungeon master (in a custom campaign that plays in the beautiful and peaceful region of Sí Bheg, Sí Mhor when a dark cult arises). It is a great way to have some social fun during these crazy times as its easy to play offline and online and is a great starter to talk with friends.
Computer work can be quite draining. I therefore do some qi gong 🥋 and core strength training 💪 for physical health. For mental health I read books on philosophy and do regular zazen meditation 🧘.
My vacations are now mostly happening in near vicinity of Bavaria 🏖—usually targeting some nice mountain lakes (long trips are difficult with small kids and we never know when COVID lockdown strikes again).